The Transferring Process:
- Advise you whether your transfer is liable to payment of stamp duty.
- If the transfer is liable to stamp duty, instruct you to arrange a market appraisal be completed on the property by a licensed Real state Agent (a market appraisal is required by the Office of State Revenue).
- If the transfer is exempt from stamp duty, prepare the stamp duty exemption forms to be signed by you.
- Draft the property title transfer documents and send them to you to be signed.
- Review your lending arrangements and liaise with the lender to ensure that they will be ready for settlement.
- Attend to lodgement of Transfer for stamping together with stamp duty exemption forms or cheque for payment of stamp duty.
- Attend settlement and ensure that all Title Documents are in order.
- Pay the settlement monies to the transferor (if applicable).
- For purchasers without a mortgage, lodge the Transfer with the Land Titles Office and then send you your Title when it has been registered
- Send you a final reporting letter.
- Retain your file for 7 years, making it easier for you to provide us with instructions if you decide to sell your property.